This is an important opportunity for enthusiastic and hardworking individuals to work closely with the Community Land Outer Hebrides, area partners and other local organisations to provide communication and advice for visitors to the Outer Hebrides.
• Communicate and engage with visitors to promote and encourage responsible access, camping and parking – in accordance with the Scottish Outdoor Access Code (SOAC) and Outer Hebrides is a special PLACE (Parking, Litter, Animals, Camping, Engage) campaign.
• Monitor key hotspot sites and resolve issues where possible, including disposal of litter and inappropriate parking & camping.
• Carry out a survey with visitors to ascertain where they come from, their length of stay, their activities while here and thoughts on any infrastructure required.
• Act as a point of contact and first response for local organisations and the local community on specific visitor-related issues. Report any serious issues to the CLOH Manager immediately.
• Follow employer H&S procedures and policies at all times including Covid-19 guidance.
• Good communication skills. Friendly and confident in engaging with people.
Diplomatic but with an ability to have challenging conversations.
• Practical experience is desirable alongside a willingness to learn.
• Organised, self-motivated and able to work both independently, and with other staff.
• Be prepared to work to risk assessments and health and safety policies.
• Full, clean driving licence essential.
• Flexible approach to working hours as weekend and evening work will be essential.
• Good knowledge of Lewis & Harris and the local community is desirable.
• Ability to speak / understanding of Gaelic is desirable.
Type of contract: A fixed term 16-week contract starting 12th June until 30th September 2023
Hours: Full-time, flexible, Monday to Saturday (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: £28,000 per annum pro rata
Pension: 3% employer contribution to an auto-enrolment pension scheme
Reporting to: CLOH Manager & host community trust partner.
Location: Throughout Isle of Harris, North and West Lewis office space provided by host community trust partner.
Vehicle: Work vehicle will be provided
Community Land Outer Hebrides standard terms and conditions of employment apply.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Midday on Thursday 18th May 2023, with interviews to be held the week beginning 22nd May 2023, with a start date 12th June 2023 or as soon after.
This project is supported by NatureScot, through the Better Places Fund